Sunday, July 10, 2011

Over The Rainbow

A few months ago, I found out that there is a nail-art related application for Android phones named: NailCatalog.


When you open NailCatalog, you'll find a huge collection of manicures sorted according to base (one color, gradient, french or other) or color (pink, blue, purple, white/beige, yellow, green, gold, orange/brown, red, black, colorful and silver). The manicures are created by various nail salon's in Japan. So if you click on one design, you get to see a larger image of the mani and information of the nail salon that created it.

Today's mani is inspired by the above mani:

I used 3 coats of KIKO no. 204 to draw the clouds. KIKO no. 204 belongs to KIKO's French Manicure line, because it's a milky white sheer. I could have picked a white cream instead, but I wanted to create that dreamy feel to the clouds...not really sure I've managed to do so =S

As for the rainbow, I used Dolly Wink no. 03 (pink), no. 07 (lilac) and no. 09 (green) and Models Own Lemon Meringue.

Have a nice one!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this application, it's available for the iPhone too ^___^

    The manicure turned out so cute, I especially love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went straight to Android Market! Awesome! Thanks for sharing! hah..

    And I love this mani! I think you got that 'dreamy' feel with the clouds! =) Greta idea to use a sheer white..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cel ~ Really? Oh..it must feel great to have an iPhone, not just this application, but also the Nail Up! application (T.T)

    @Swååfie ~ You're welcome! I am glad to hear that you like the mani with the sheer white ^^

    ReplyDelete