Sunday, January 27, 2013

Broken, but not feeling blue

As a nail polish blogger, there is this one thing that is terrible: damage to the nails. Due to the cold weather and obviously lack of care, a split occurred at one fourth length above the nail tip on my middle finger. The horizontal split went halfway through, but I could not cut it all off, since it was still attached to the soft tissue. But luckily it is growing back. I left my nails unswatched for a week and I can’t take it anymore. So please don’t mind the weird shaped nail.
click for a clearer image
It feels great to have colour on the nails. I used 2 coats of Essence Movie Star as base. Movie Star is a dark grey creme and it is from the old Colour & Go collection. Then I stamped a design from BM205 with Color Club Blue Heaven
When I saw the sheer layer of Blue Heaven on the stamping tool, I was afraid that it wasn’t visible once stamped. But the holo awesomeness is incredible. Here are some shots in the shade:
click for clearer image

Have a great one! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how good Blue Heaven looks after stamping, I need to get my hands around it ASAP :P

    http://meganboxnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredible isn't it? I've always wanted a good holo stamping colour, now I found one =]

      Delete