Monday, August 15, 2011

Free Hand Flowers Look-alike

There's the final look:
What do you think? It may not be a strong look-alike, but these flowers do remind me of the free hand painted ones. I started with 3 coats of Essence Ahoy! for the white base. Then I stamped the flower design of Konad image plate M83 with Catrice no. 410 Pool Party At Night to create the dark purple flowers.
Now it's the turn for the free-hand-look-alike step. I used Essence Colour & Go no. 42 Dress For A Moment to change the white petals into beautiful lilac ones. This step may seem simple, but I don't have a steady hand, so the flower on my middle finger blossomed into a slightly mutated one.
To brighten things up, I randomly made dots with China Glaze Millennium. I think I overdid the dotting on the middle finger, blame it on the mutated flower... At last, I used Konad Topcoat for a glossy seal. All the colours used above are totally optional, I would definitely try other combinations with this design as well.

Have a great one!!!

3 comments: